63 Trunk Restoration

CheezeMan

Hello All!

Looking for helpful info here... I am in the process of restoring the trunk area and have 2 questions.

1) What is the color of the "gray" cardboard liner? I will buy some new ones but figure I will have to paint them to match. Anyone find a similar Krylon (or other brand) color?

2) Any source for those retainer clips holding the cardboard on?

3) Any idea where I can get the bumper jack retention spring and clip (that thing that looks like a large bent paper clip going into the jack)? I probably could bend up some heavy gauge wire if I had a pattern or something to go on.

Attached are pictures I found from other '63 Buicks. The picture from the Cat shows the clip much better.

Thanks!!

post-65039-143138421254_thumb.jpg

post-65039-143138421256_thumb.jpg

Hi Chuck,

I am in the process of detailing the trunk on my 64 also. I thought the cardboard goes in the colour it is which is a light grey. I also need the wing nut for the tire hold down and I dont know if there is any type of washer that goes with this. I also didn't realize that the jack had that spring loaded clip pc to hold it down. You will probably have to try and find one off a parts car. Lots of ads in Riview of guys parting out cars.

Good luck and I will let you know when I find one.

Regards,

Glenn M. ROA#12929