DA brakes

Guest MidTNDawg

Guest MidTNDawg

From some posts on the forum, I gather these brakes are not self-centering. Is that correct? If it is correct, where do I find directions? What is the tool that has been referenced? Thanks, Doug

Doug, read how to do it in the DA Book of Information, owner's manual, THEN do exactly opposite of what it says. I adjusted mine 847 times and never got a good peddle, with new cylinders and shoes. I bled the brakes until I couldn't stand it any longer, still no peddle. Then I emailed our tech advisor and he sent excellant instructions. They were exactly opposite of what was in the book. Brakes work just fine now. All you need is a screw driver.

From some posts on the forum, I gather these brakes are not self-centering. Is that correct? If it is correct, where do I find directions? What is the tool that has been referenced? Thanks, Doug

Try this stuff...

post-37352-143138416466_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138416468_thumb.jpg

post-37352-14313841647_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138416472_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138416481_thumb.jpg

That is the tool that Keiser has shown that they mention in the manual or that is a home made that works just as well, I think there are a couple of variations to it printed in past newsletters but are basically the same. Once you get them turned out than it is all pretty much the same as any other.

I would suggest getting the CDs of all the past newsletters that has been made avail. thru the clubs store, it has loads of usefull info.

They are available wether you join or not, all you have to do is ask, I dont care wether you are a member or not and can supply more than you might want, whats important is that you are enjoying your old car experience and we both learn something new