1964 Riv Parcel Shelf/Dashpad

Glenn McMahon

Glenn,

Here are some pictures I took at the Eurkea Springs meet in 2005. Four Silver cars each with a different color interior. It looks as if the dash pad and parcel shelf were the same color as the seats. Hard to tell from these pictures, except for the silver w/ red car. When Bill Mitchell built the Silver Arrow cars, they all had silver interior with silver dash and parcel shelves. Although I think the silver / silver car has a black dash and perhaps a black parcel shelf.

I think the parcel shelf comew out by removing three screws along the rear under the window and the trim pieces along the sides. I think it just sits on the radio speaker grill. It's been a while so I'm not 100% sure about this.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Glenn,

Here are some pictures I took at the Eurkea Springs meet in 2005. Four Silver cars each with a different color interior. It looks as if the dash pad and parcel shelf were the same color as the seats. Hard to tell from these pictures, except for the silver w/ red car. When Bill Mitchell built the Silver Arrow cars, they all had silver interior with silver dash and parcel shelves. Although I think the silver / silver car has a black dash and perhaps a black parcel shelf.

I think the parcel shelf comew out by removing three screws along the rear under the window and the trim pieces along the sides. I think it just sits on the radio speaker grill. It's been a while so I'm not 100% sure about this.

Ed

I think there are also a pair of screws, one on each side, under the trim plates between the seat back and the "door" panels. Either that or the panels have hooks on them that hold the front of the parcel shelf down.

Glenn,

Ed

Thanks Ed,

I think on my car the dash is black and the parcel shelf right now is covered in black vinyl. When it warms up here I will remove the shelf and see if it is silver or black underneath. I also imagine it will need to be replaced and I have seen suppliers on the Net.

Once again thanks for your help!

Glenn McMahon

ROA #12929