How many 65 Riv GS's do you guys think still exist?

Guest Rob J

Being that only 3300 and change GS's were ever made, I was just curious as to how many you guys estimate to still be in existence? And how many of those in existence are road worthy?

Thats a great question and may be difficult to answer with facts. I've often wondered that myself about different models.

I think I've seen data that indicated the life expectancy of 60s era cars but I don't think that would apply to a car like the 65 GS. They were sought after from day one and I'd think more effort would be made to save them vs a normal car.

But.......that won't stop me from speculating anyway. I'd guess 50% have survived and have no idea how many are road worthy.

It'll be interesting to hear what others think.

If Buick made 3300, I would guess about 4500 are left!;)

A Chevrolet executive was touring a street machine event and asked "Did we even BUILD this many '69 Z-28's?"

If there is perceived value and parts available to make it happen, then the car will get cloned. Without factory documentation, it is very hard to determine if it is a legitamate GS or not.

All the Riviera's seem to have a higher survival rate than other cars, they were special from day one and didn't get driven into the ground like some other cars. A survival guess would be about 1800 remaining, but that is only a guess!

Tim

That was kinda my uneducated guesstimate as well. I too figure about 50% to still be in existence. But as stated, there really is no way to know. How many are in the GS registry here?

Being that only 3300 and change GS's were ever made, I was just curious as to how many you guys estimate to still be in existence? And how many of those in existence are road worthy?

Well I know of one that is 4 sale in colorado rust free green w/ green interior matching # car I had it running and never drove it owned for 10 years needs to go. $6,500.00 or best offer Jeff (970)619-9924

Well I know of one that is 4 sale in colorado rust free green w/ green interior matching # car I had it running and never drove it owned for 10 years needs to go. $6,500.00 or best offer Jeff (970)619-9924

Jeff, can you send me pics and details of the car. e-mail to djrobj@aol.com

Thanks.

OK Buick People: I have asked this question several times. Political pollsters can figure it out so why can't somebody come up with a formula or a system that can figure out the attricion/survival rate on a particular car.

Any statisticians out there??? Mitch

I don't think there would be any type of scientific formula that could be worked out for the "survival" rate of cars. I don't think you could use the same formula for a Yugo as you would a Buick.

One formula that does seem to work is: "The center of gravity for any given four-wheel drive vehicle is inversely proportional to the owners I.Q."