Wedding Car ...Driver...?

Guest P10plymouth

Guest P10plymouth

I built or "restored " my 1940 Plymouth for one reason... My Daughters wedding day..

Well that day is coming soon! July of this yr.. 2011

I plan on using it to have her driven to the Church and also I was planing on picking up my parrents... maybe Godparents etc...

I was wondering if "others " did this and thought of having "Someone " else drive your car you restored /

Or did or would you be the "only one to drive your car that special day"

Thanks for your comments... Daniel

Guest knuckle head

Yes....be sure and ask your daughter. I have tre girls,and only one wanted the old McLaughlin. My youngest chose to have a Rolls at Niagara Falls Ontario instead.

Also,if it is a convertible be sure that the wind is no going to mess up the

expensive hair .

Henry

I built or "restored " my 1940 Plymouth for one reason... My Daughters wedding day..

Well that day is coming soon! July of this yr.. 2011

I plan on using it to have her driven to the Church and also I was planing on picking up my parrents... maybe Godparents etc...

I was wondering if "others " did this and thought of having "Someone " else drive your car you restored /

Or did or would you be the "only one to drive your car that special day"

Thanks for your comments... Daniel

I have done this with my 1936 Dodge Brothers touring sedan. Loads of fun and the "other" driver was very careful with my car.

post-37352-143138401585_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138401595_thumb.jpg

Guest Jim_Edwards

Having paid for two weddings, my recommendation is to sell the car and give your daughter and the boyfriend $5,000 each and a Hawaiian honeymoon if they'll elope. It will be less stressful and less costly! :D

Guest bkazmer

if you you use another driver make sure you educate him on the floor starter (I had a P12). The photographer will love the "prop." Have a back up car ready just in case - "70 year old car fails to go" is less of a problem than "bride does not arrive at church." Threaten best man with removal of vital parts if "unapproved decorating" happens.

That said , use it if the couple want to - I did and had a lot of fun.