Autolite Ignition Coil Part# For 47 T&C ?

Guest Darrinboy

Guest Darrinboy

Hi,

Anyone out there know the correct Autolite "Solar Spark" Coil part number for a 1947 Town and Country Convertible (Straight 8)? Any help would be great!!

#1123522 for early cars-8 cylinder conv T&C engines. 1300667 for after early # 8 cyl engines. 4 door T&C 6 cyl. engines are a different . Any 6 volt coil will work but you need to modify the bracket and change the coil lead end to make it work. I have had failure issues with NOS OE Solar Spark coils not lasting. I now use modern day good quality 6 volt coils-USA made for my MoPar flatheads myself and use the original brackets. A lot of work though. Don't know why so many part#'s though. Maybe Joe can educate us on this issue.

Bob

Guest Darrinboy

Thanks bob... I got the chrysler numbers but was looking for an "autolite" number. There are a couple coils on Ebay right now that claim they are correct but they seem to be the style that poked thru the firewall and have a wire attachment on the bottom of the coil. Mine coil bracket attaches to the head and rides above the spark plug wire loom... I was hoping to find a non-chrysler number to aid in the search.