Dodge Brothers logos

Guest MidTNDawg

Guest MidTNDawg

Were the logos essentially the same year to year? Does anyone have logo pics? And specifically for 1930 but any available appreciated. (I intend to make a name badge for my wife and myself) Doug

Thought someone would beat me to the punch so I didnt bother but hope this helps, assuming you mean rad. badges

Sorry for the poor quality but it shows what it should look like still I believe. I can show a better one if you like.

post-48869-143138398004_thumb.jpg

Guest MidTNDawg

Jason, thanks a lot. Yes that will do fine. Although I can copy from the forum, I wonder if you would mind emailing it to me? I think I can work better with it that way. Thanks again, Doug

Guest MidTNDawg

My sincere thanks to all three of you for responding. Seeing the logo keiser31 sent (sans wings) I think for my purpose it may work best. Any chance of finding one like it but not wrinkled? I will show the three of you the finished product but it may be a little while yet. BTW, I should have possession in about three weeks. This will be a great 75th birthday present. Doug

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MidTNDawg

First, I have no input as to the changes in the logo year to year. Second, all the logos were / are very similar using the interlocking triangles. The primary difference seems to be some have the word "DETROIT" following the arc in the bottom. The wings on the logos vary a little bit but are essentially the same. For my purposes, I am going to use the "wingless" logo which RickBrinker was kind enough to provide. This is much better suited to a name badge design. As to approval to use, my experience, 25 years providing engraved badges commercially, is you are not hassled as long as the use is not detrimental to the copy right holder. My use will be complimentary to Dodge Brothers so I anticipate no problem. At this time, it is not my plan to do this commercially, although I still have all my equipment. BTW, I failed to mention I retired from badge production a couple of years ago. 36, I apologize if I have failed to provide clear answers. PM me if you have any specific questions which I have not covered. Thanks for asking, Doug

Ooops. You misunderstood my poorly worded question. Please excuse the implication.

I was asking if YOU would allow US to copy YOUR name badge once you have it finished. I understand the logos are usually presented by organizations for use by members as long as it is not commercial use. So if it is used "privately" it would be OK.

What I was trying to get at was, once you have your name badge produced, would you allow us to copy it also for our own personal use?

I think the idea you have is fantastic. I was hoping you would be able to post some photos of the finished product or some PDF's so: 1) we could see what you accomplished and 2) we could make copies of it if OK with you.

That's it. Thanks again for the reply.

Guest MidTNDawg

Oh. Sorry. The bottom line answer is "yes"! However, I am waiting to take possession of a DA. I have a couple of thoughts as to what I want to do. Fact is as noted I can produce the badges if there is a desire and will be happy to do so. I am now in a 2 week window for acquisition depending upon weather/road conditions. I will post a pic of my badge soon. Doug

Dont know specifics but I am pretty sure the D.B club sells shirts maybe hats ect that have the logos embroidered on them, might want to look into that, Tom and Cindy Myers are handling the clubs store now I believe and if you type in Myers early Dodge parts than it might show some of the stuff but not so sure about the clubs merchandise. Amyway its another benefit maybe of joining the club, might save you some hassle in other words. If you do decide to make your own badges keep me in mind.

• 7 months later...