Forum member Stonefish looking good in Hemmings S&E!

stock_steve

The new Hemmings Sports and Exotic Car just arrived (February 2011 issue), and what a fantastic feature on our buddy Stonefish's rallying activities with his '65 VW Type III Notchback! Feature appears on pages 36 thru 39 (words and pictures by Mark McCourt), and old Stonefish (a.k.a. Ron) appears in one of the photos himself! Congrats Ron!

Timely. I got a mailer from HMN Sport & Exotic yesterday. Liked the look of some of the past issue feature cars and am wondering if it's worth the expense to subscribe.

I guess "Sport & Exotic" screams Car & Driver or Automobile snobbery (common thread, their editor) to me. What kinds of cars can I expect to see in this mag?

I guess the title could seem a bit misleading. As an old-VW enthusiast, I know my car is neither a "sports" nor an "exotic" car, and that initially had me worried, but I like old cars in general, so I decided to subscribe.

To me, it seems to be more or less the "Import Version" of Hemmings Classic Car (if you're familiar with that one).

Its about old cars--both restorations and "drivers," and also with some historical and events stuff, and, well, again, I would compare it to Classic Car for the mix that it encompasses.

If you like old import cars, you'll like Hemmings Sports & Exotic.

And I am not a paid endorser!

Guest Stonefish

thanks Steve....article turned out great, except for the photo of me!! They've been wanting to do something on that silly little car for years!!

To Rocketraider....if my Notch is featured, it is far from snobbery...there are a lot of drivers featured...neat odd ball stuff, cars not typically seen in the zines!

happy new year!