1926 Reo info needed

deaddds

Can someone tell me what brake system would be on a 26 T6? Mechanical or hydrolic? Also, I'm told they had a leather wrapped shock system but no one makes these? Are they interchangable with another make or who would redo these as a source. Thanks for any help. Pat

From what I can tell from a reproduction REO Mechanic Instruction Book the brakes on a 26 T6 are of a mechanical nature. The other part of your question I can not help you with but I can only suggest you post your question on the REO forum on Yahoo and someone may be able to answer all your questions http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ReoClubOfAmerica/post?postID=q7IRW7twZOGaJ_r-duUezjuyokwZ524r1leR2D3fQxgvsN2Em_GOj_cMMctrghZ7FNxknEZ1LBiye1C28X_KQYhfhCrtD1K_N3XK

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pat!

I have two Reo Model Gs from 1926. One is 4D Sedan and the other is 2th truck - Heavy Duty Speed Wagon. These Reo have mechanical brakes and brakes are only in rear axle. Also there are brake shoes on both sides - outer and inner - side of the brake drum. On outer side there are hand brake shoes and on inner side normal brake shoes - brake shoes which you used while driving.

Shock absorbers/shock systems did not come with the car from the factory. The owner has bought them as accessory. They have been manufactured some inderpendent company. One make was Lovejoy. There is some sale in Ebay. Perhaps you are looking for something like this.

Antique 1920s Gabrial Snubbers- Shocks= strap style - eBay (item 200564197010 end time Jan-17-11 18:16:19 PST)

Hope this helps. I sure would like to see photos of your Reo.

Juha Kaitanen

Turku, Finland

post-31714-143138410796_thumb.jpg