1930 Dodge models

Guest MidTNDawg

Guest MidTNDawg

1930, I mean all models including model designation, body style, # of doors etc. BTW, you should have a pm from me. Thanks a lot, Doug

I am most familiar with DA, there was a standard six a senior six and several other models for the 29/30 year but without getting my books out I wouldnt be able to give you any accurate information on any of those models.

DA was built for 15 months starting with first model Dec 17 1928 if memory serves me and ended march 14 1930, most models were designated 29 models, mine is a 30 model.

There was a Deluxe sedan which is a 4 dr and the deluxe usually or always meant an upgraded interior, spare wheels mounted on fenders ect, Standard 4 dr sedan which seems most common, Deluxe coupe, buisness coupe, Victoria ( which is my model ) , Brougham, ( Victoria and Brougham are both two door versions ) Phaeton, and a Roadster. I think that names them all.

Always seemed to be discrepencies among my literature on prices, some adds do not match salesmans data but I will quote salesmans handbook at stating Victoria for instance sold for 1025....4 dr sedan sold for 995.00.

Hope this helps

Guest MidTNDawg

Well let me try again. I replied but think I forgot to click submit. Reallt appreciate the info. The car I am dealing with/for is a 1930 DA 4dr sedan. The interior does look to have been very nice with a rear folding foot rest, window shades, etc. Also has dual sidemounts. Thanks, Doug

Mr Dawg-

In 1930 the list of Dodge cars is a little shorter than in 1929. For 1930 the cars available in the Dodge lineup were as follows:

DA Six

■ 2 Door Business Coupe

■ 2 Door Phaeton

■ 2 Door Roadster

■ 2 Door Sedan

■ 2 Door Victoria Coupe

■ Brougham

■ Deluxe 2 Door Coupe

■ Deluxe 4 Door Sedan

DC Eight

■ 2 Door Convertible Coupe

■ 2 Door Coupe

■ 2 Door Phaeton 6WW

■ 2 Door Roadster

■ 4 Door Sedan

DD Six

■ 2 Door Business Coupe

■ 2 Door Convertible Coupe

■ 2 Door Coupe

■ 2 Door Phaeton

■ 2 Door Roadster

■ 4 Door Sedan

Senior Six

■ 2 Door Coupe

■ 2 Door Roadster

■ 4 Door Sedan

■ Landau 4 Door Sedan

■ Victoria Brougham

For 1929 there is a similar lineup but they also had the Victory and no 8 cylinder model:

DA

■ 2 Door Brougham 5 Passenger

■ 2 Door Business Coupe 2 Passenger

■ 2 Door Deluxe Coupe 2 To 4 Passenger

■ 2 Door Roadster 2 To 4 Passenger

■ 2 Door Roadster Sport 2 To 4 Passenger

■ 2 Door Victoria Coupe 4 Passenger

■ 4 Door Deluxe Sedan 5 Passenger

■ 4 Door Deluxe Sport Sedan 5 Passenger

■ 4 Door Phaeton 5 Passenger

■ 4 Door Phaeton Sport 5 Passenger

■ 4 Door Sedan 5 Passenger

Senior

■ 2 Door Coupe 2 Passenger

■ 2 Door Sedan 5 Passenger

■ 2 Door Sport Coupe 2 To 4 Passenger

■ 4 Door Brougham Victoria 5 Passenger

■ 4 Door Sedan Landau 5 Passenger

■ 4 Door Sport Sedan 5 Passenger

Standard

■ 2 Door Cabriolet 2 To 4 Passenger

■ 4 Door Deluxe Sport Sedan 5 Passenger

■ 4 Door Sedan All Purpose 5 Passenger

Victory

■ 2 Door Deluxe Coupe 4 Passenger

■ 2 Door Roadster Sport 2 To 4 Passenger

■ 4 Door Sport Sedan 5 Passenger

■ 4 Door Touring 5 Passenger

■ 4 Door Touring Sport 5 Passenger

If your car is a sedan with dual side mounts, wire wheels, and the upgraded upholstery with window shades, ash trays, rear arm rests, and small lights in the corner of the rear compartment, you probably have the DA 4 Door Deluxe Sedan. Post a few pictures of the exterior and interior along with the serial number, then we will be sure to give you the correct info. As to prices both current and at the time of manufacture, all this info can be found on the NADA classic car price guide website: 1930 Dodge Prices, Values & Specs - NADAguides

Merry Christmas, Joe

Edited by idrjoe_sandiego (see edit history)

Guest MidTNDawg

THANKS! Just what I was looking for. And thanks for the additional info re: NADA classic car guide. I will have to get pics but the car has all the things mentioned so it must be a deluxe. Thanks again, Doug.

It sounds as though your car is like my '29 deluxe or sport sedan. To start off they are all the same but no two are alike. There are two differant wire wheels, either 48 or 60 spokes. There are two differant headlights, differant manufacture. The list goes on. I would very much like to compare your car to mine, when you become more familiar with it. DAs are quite interesting. If you look at the picture thread from Flicker you will see many pics of DAs. Mine is the black one with red wire wheels. I'd loove to see pics of your car, especially the interior. BTW, my name is Doug also.

Also bear in mind that NADA book values are relatively useless when it comes to putting a value on an older still fairly common car like a Dodge. Havent looked up what it might say for your car but I bet it is exhorbant. The books were written in my opinion for people that have alot of money and want to brag to their friends how much they paid for their cars.

A running ( or close to running non running ) fairly original fairy complete DA 4 dr sedan deluxe or not would top off at about 4500 or thereabouts. Again it all depends on whats missing and how much it would take to get it back on the road.

It sounds like you are planning to buy one soon so just keep that in mind. Of course if you just have to have it and they want more than I say go for it if you have it to spend. My point is dont go by NADA

Guest MidTNDawg

Thanks Doug. Well, the more I learn, the more fascinating the Dodge Bros. product becomes. As soon as I become better acquainted with the car, I will get back to you with pics and any other info. Thanks again. Doug

Guest MidTNDawg

Hey, 1930. Thanks for the info. I do appreciate knowing the NADA guide is available, but fwiw I would use it pretty much the same as their guide for newer cars, meaning it is only a starting point. Of most interest is the original price info. Doug