65 GTO information

Guest Randal

I can not find if any 65 GTOs where customised with a gold anidized center console(auto trans)

The car is an O-6 paint code car.

I am just getting ready to start working on the car and want to know if this was something done to some of the Tiger Gold cars

thanks

Pictures of the Hurst gold GTOs from back in the day show the consoles to be chrome. Since the consoles are pot metal and not aluminum they would have had to have been plated gold and not anodized, unless pot metal can also be anodized. I do not consider myself an expert but I own a '65 GTO and have studied them quite a bit during the restoration of mine, and hence looked at I don't know how many pictures of them, but a lot, and have never seen one with a gold console. I have also never seen one with a gold console at any of the POCI or GTOAA meets I have attended.

I can not find if any 65 GTOs where customised with a gold anidized center console(auto trans)

The car is an O-6 paint code car.

I am just getting ready to start working on the car and want to know if this was something done to some of the Tiger Gold cars

thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You might want to contact Jim Wangers to see if he remembers.

Don