HPOF

Guest cetmeboy308

Guest cetmeboy308

I have my Father-In-laws 1949 Chrysler Windsor and would like to get HPOF...is there a reg form that I need to apply for ...read many post but havent found how to make this happen..... thanks...Mark from Lansing Michigan

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. Are you an AACA Member? You have to be a member, but then all you have to do is choose an AACA National Meet that you want to attend, fill out your registration form for the meet, (or register for the meet on-line), then show the car in HPOF Class at the National Meet. If it is judged to be 65% or more original, it should be certified.

Where are you located? Either you can look on-line for a meet near you, or you can find the location of upcoming meets in Antique Automobile Magazine.

Guest cetmeboy308

MCHinson...thank-you for the info...will get my memebership 1st of yr and check out a National meet..Im Lansing Michigan... mark

• 1 month later...

are there judgimg standards for HPOF? Hqw good does the pant have to be, how much off for no top, is less taken off for older cars? I would like to take my 1914 Ford T to the meet in Il. but do not know if I should. Thanks Bob

post-32444-143138431953_thumb.jpg

Bob,

From the photo, your Model T appears to be a great candidate for HPOF. As long as what is there is original and not restored, I would expect your car to do fine in HPOF. HPOF is for original unrestored examples. I do not expect the lack of the top to be a problem. What is important is that at least 65% (I seem to remember hearing that this number may be increasing... but I am not sure) of the car is original. The condition of the paint is not a problem. The idea of HPOF is to preserve what was original. HPOF cars can serve as a blueprint to show how something was originally assembled. This type of car can be a great help to someone who needs guidance for restoring a car. Not to mention, they are just a lot of fun to look at.

• 11 months later...
Guest peterdew
are there judgimg standards for HPOF? Hqw good does the pant have to be, how much off for no top, is less taken off for older cars? I would like to take my 1914 Ford T to the meet in Il. but do not know if I should. Thanks Bob

Sorry to have to track you, Bob, but could I have a scanned copy of your 1952 Cameron Pack Sale photos by Don McCray ? I am sure that Chris Ritter of the AACA Library would like one too, as perhaps would many others, so there maybe profit in in it !

thankyou

Peter

:)

Peter,

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. It has been almost a year since Bob posted on the Forum. If you click on his user name above, you will see a pop up menu that will allow you to send him an email. That is more likely to get his attention than posting in this old discussion.