Peerless 1931 Master 8

Guest rwoodland

Guest rwoodland

Interested in selling very rare Peerless. This actual car was used by the Franklin Mint to produce the silver ingot. Dunedin, FL $29K. The car has been stored and is not running now. Motivated to sell.

post-72003-143138370867_thumb.jpg

post-72003-143138370889_thumb.jpg

post-72003-14313837091_thumb.jpg

post-72003-143138370929_thumb.jpg

Edited by rwoodland (see edit history)

$39,000 sounds like a good price, depending on mechanical condition, paint and mileage. Let's see some of the pluses:

_____322 cu. in. Straight Eight

_____Rare (Peerlesses are rarer today than Duesenbergs)

_____Low Production, at least compared to Packard (15,450) & Pierce-Arrow (about 4,500): Peerless production was 1,249 for 1931

_____Alexis de Sakhnoffsky-designed body (the 1930's and 1931's were arguably the most stylish Peerlesses built)

_____Last Year of Production for Peerless (1900-1931)

Edited by jeff_a
Always wanted to say: "I work as an editor for an AACA publication." (see edit history)

To add to what I said earlier about this 1931 Peerless, I originally thought it was on the official Peerless Club list of member's cars. It's not. Except for a small, 35-year-old photo of the car I found, no one I know seems to have ever heard of it. The car was just a "lead", and I wasn't sure it still existed. It's been in the same family for 50 years, I'm told by Mr. Woodland.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Brando & Joanne
Interested in selling very rare Peerless. This actual car was used by the Franklin Mint to produce the silver ingot. Dunedin, FL $29K. The car has been stored and is not running now. Motivated to sell.

Is this car still available and if so how can I reach the owner or agent? I am in Odessa Fl. Brando. Feel free to call me @(813) 917 9205

• 2 weeks later...