Wheel bolt pattern? custom wheels on a 48 windsor

Guest zipsdetail

Guest zipsdetail

I tried searching this forum and even google. Has anybody ever put on custom wheels on their windsor? What is the bolt pattern for these cars? What wheels were you able to fit? Thanks in advance

Also, is there any spindles and wheel/front axel parts from newer vehicles that will fit directly onto these cars?

Some one is making brackets to put GM calipers on the original spindles, I forget wich rotors they use. The only problem discussed is the the hub is a bit fat and one may need to machine the washer that retains the outer bearnig down, or machine down a castlated nut. no big deal. I believe the bolt pattern ins 5 on 4 1/2 like a ford.

Bolt pattern is standard 5 bolt on 4 1/2 centers used by Plymouth, Dodge, DeSoto and Chrysler (but not Imperial) same as older rear drive Ford, Studebaker, Toyota, Hudson and many other cars.

The only problem is that you have bolts instead of studs and nuts. This means you can't use aluminum wheels because they require special nuts.

Another issue is that your car has a locating pin on the hub to help install the wheel. If you substitute other wheels you will have to drill a 5/16 hole in each one for the pin.