Hershey 2010-Icing on the Cake!!!

Terry Bond

Ok to combine this with other threads on Hershey, but I wanted a moment on top of the pile to let everyone know how Susan and I felt about Hershey 2010- yes, it was literally icing on the cake. The entire year has been very special for us and for AACA, but to have a Hershey like we just had was fabulous. I've heard the expression "doesn't get any better" many times, but after 40 years of Hershey, I can honestly say, this one was top of the heap!!!

So many smiles, so many great friends-old and new, so many beautiful cars, great swap meet discoveries, hard working members both new and old, and a well organized meet just add up to a wonderful, memorable Hershey. The Hershey Region can be very proud of their success, and my friend Ken Gamble and his team deserve big thanks for helping make the 75th Anniversary so special with a fall meet that tops them all!

I met so many new members who attended for the very first time, and had the chance to shake their hands and present their awards Saturday night. I asked many where they were going to take their cars for the Senior award, and the almost universal answer was - "right here at Hershey."

Beautiful sights surrounded us all week and wonderful memories will be a part of us forever. Yes, that was a tear in my eye as we departed the field, but we anxiously await the next one in 2011.

In all respects it was one for the record books, and we have enjoyed the ride with you. See you next year!!!

Terry

• 9 months later...