K & N and Fram Air Hog....question/s

Roadster90

Is there anything worthwhile to K & N and Fram Air Hog Air Filters please?

There was a K & N advertisement in one of the auto mags making all kinds of positive claims.... I acquired a K & N air filter somewhere way back when, and I picked up a couple of the Fram Filters some years back for hardly a mention as well and have not used either of them - wondering if I should make an effort to change them out with the standards .... comments please?

Thanks,

Nic

If the K&N is specifically for the Reatta I will buy it. Were do you live and what do you want for it ? Every thing the ad's say of the K&N is true. I am a new owner and planed to buy a K&N for my Reatta soon. I put K&N's in all my cars and motercycles. Do not know anything about air hogs

Guest re-reatta

I have an Air Hog in my '90 coupe. Bought a couple of them at PepBpys for next to nothing when they stopped carrying them. There was actually a rebate when I bought them that just about equalled the sale price. Can't say I noticed any difference, good or bad. If you can get them for no more than any other good filter, go for it. But I wouldn't spend extra money just to get an Air Hog.

Nothing wrong with the Fram air filter other than there seemed to be a lot of flash on one that is area-limited. "C" engine is limited everywhere, doubt that an oil bath filter will make much difference.

I will not use a Fram oil filter.

Have a K&N in my Reatta and my Deville. Have never noted any difference (I have not dyno tested though), so I somewhat doubt K&N's lofty claims. That said, I think the stock air intake/filter box is part of the problem. With a conical K&N and improved intake setup, it probably would make some difference. With the rectangle plastic box and somewhat restricted air intake that comes on these cars, not so much.

If I had it to do over, I'd probably not spend the money on the K&N's since I seem to have gotten no real benefit from it. I'm not saying they are poor filters, they work just fine. Just can't find any difference vs. a decent and clean paper filter.

KDirk