1965 A100 truck carburetor help

Guest smokey1

have a 1965 A100 225 slant six with a single bbl worn out with missing parts carter bbs carb. the tag is missing so do not know what carb it actually is or even if it is the original carb to get the rebuild kit. would like to put a later 2 bbl on instead. any ideas on what carb would be the best to go with and what i would need to do. will aprpreciate any information.

There is an A100 club and I think they have a website. I have some carbs for slant sixes or 318 V8s here, but do not know their applications. If you can figure out the numbers let me know and I will check to see what I have. Duh....I just noticed the Fallbrook designation. I know where that is. When I lived in San Diego, I drew plans for some nice custom Fallbrook homes.

with no tag on it will be difficult to say the least what model or year it is. when i get home i will take a couple of pictures of it and download it. maybe you have one that will look like it.

it has a 0-2016 stamped on the body and a 6-1698 stamped on the air horn. i certainly do appreciate the help. i will have to go to new post to download these pics.

Edited by smokey1 (see edit history)

thanks for the help. they say there was 2 models of these in '65. the other one has a compensator vavle and valve cover which is located on the left side of the air horn. this one doesn't have it. i'm sure the other one works just as well. this one is beyond rebuilding again.

Slant sixes all used a Ball&Ball single barrel carb. Except for the optional Super Six engine of the late 70s/early 80s. They had a 2 barrel manifold, and a Carter 2 barrel like a 318 but modified to work on a slant 6.

If it was mine I would get a rebuilt stock 1 barrel and be happy. You might be able to find the Super Six manifold someplace but the carb would need rebuilding anyway. If you do this get the intake and exhaust manifolds as an assembly if possible. The exhaust manifold is the same but it saves some work changing them over. Be sure you get the throttle linkage and air filter etc, they are unique to the Super Six.

Personally I don't think it's worth the bother but just in case.

Guest smokey1

thanks rusty, that absolutely makes more sense. the more i research it, i find that it is not worth the bother. i do have a holley 1920 single that is not warped like the bbs carb and could be rebuildable so i imagine that is what i will do.