Radio Removal Instructions

Craig_Murphy

About 2 or three years ago I went to a web site that I had in my favorites, named TC Projects. It not only gave detailed instructions for working on your car but also showed pictures with detailed steps.

But now the link does not work. Does anyone know if that site still exists or does anyone know of a similar site that gives that kind of instruction?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Craig Murphy

cmurphynb@aol.com

830-481-4441 (cell)

New Braunfels, Texas

Guest Silverghost

If all else fails~

Park the car on the street in west Philly and the "Hood boys" will remove it fast for you in under one min !

Sadly I found this out the hard way ! ; )

DON'T ASK !

Guest My TC Toy

Craig, the procedure is quite simple to remove the radio. First remove the two screws that are located at the top flange of the radio surround trim, they face directly upward. Next remove the trim. Now remove the two bolts at the top left and bottom right corners of the radio. The radio should not pull out from the dash. On the back of the radio you have to remove the bolt for the ground strap, pull out the antenna lead and unclip the two harness connections. These harness connectiona have a licking mecanism so release the locks first. There, the radio is out, Re-install it in the reverse order.

If you are trying to upgrade the radio to a cd-cass, any Chrysler radio of the era will slide right in place with no modifications.

Any other questions, drop us a note here, someone will assist you.

Bob

• 3 years later...