Danbury 56 Roadmaster

John_Maine

I've been looking for the original posts on this model but can't find them. Not sure if they were in the Buick section or general section - but anyway, I ordered one and it came today. Sharp model, looks really great in the three tone. Only issue is that the rear doors are tricky to get in the correct closed position. I won't be opening them very much.

Yes, John, these are beautifully done. There should be future variations on this 4-door Riviera, including different colors. Ultimately, I would expect to see a range of '54 to '56 Roadmasters in various body styles.

Danbury Mint is also issuing new releases of its excellent '48 Roadmaster Sedanette (Honolulu Blue) and '48 Roadmaster convertible (black). The blue '53 Roadmaster Estate Wagon is also still available.

Danbury Mint is also issuing new releases of its excellent '48 Roadmaster Sedanette (Honolulu Blue) and '48 Roadmaster convertible (black). The blue '53 Roadmaster Estate Wagon is also still available.

Well, MrEarl's wallet is going to get lighter methinks.

Actually, if they make a Century wagon, my wallet will be forced to get lighter as well. :rolleyes::D

Guest gunjeep444

I got my 56 Buick from Danbury Mint last week, it is very well done. My first ever pricey diecast. I usually get the $15 ones for my outdoor G scale railroad layout, but this one will stay on the fireplace mantle. I bought a resin cast model of one a few months ago, plan to try my paint schemes out on it.

It is a very nicely done model. You just have to be careful closing the rear doors. I put mine in my Danbury display case. Really need another one because I think I'm up to 12 or 13 of them. Anyway, when it came, my wife said her usual "Another car? Don't you have enough of those things?" My answer: "No, I don't and I"ll probably buy more." That's her standard reaction and my standard answer.