Headlight down

Guest reattafun

Guest reattafun

Help,

My passenger side headlamp will not go up. The fuse is good. I plugged a spare motor in and it also will not work. The spare works when I plugged it in the drivers side).

The headlight motor fuses are in the relay box...next to the air cleaner. They are #1 and #2

This is also good to know if your headlight are giving you trouble and you need to keep them open. Get the headlight in the open position then pull the fuses. You can then turn the headlights on/off with the dash switch until you get my kits to fix the headlights.

if you have a 1988 Reatta, the headlight fuses are NOT on the relay center.

the left and right headlight fuses are in the right side of the console. the carpeted side panel must be removed (about 10 #15 Torx screws) to access the fuses.

you cannot access them thru the fuse box door, as they are located below the door.

Mike Rukavina

buickreattaparts.com

Guest Kingsley

Agree that it is doubtful that the module is the problem; however, they can go bad and I have sold several. If all connectors /connections appear good, It is, perhaps, the last item that might need to be checked as you can check the inputs/outputs. Not easy to get to - driver side under the hood, hard forward and usually necessitates the removal of the underhood fuse/relay box and the windshield washer reservoir - hope you find the problem before you get to this point. Also, it is wise to distirnguish between the schematics/circuitry for the hedlights and the headlight doors. May have missed it, but please confirm year model. Thanks.

Edited by Kingsley
add to post typo (see edit history)