Need Carpet for my '83 Riviera

YellowLark

The floors in my convertible are being replaced, panel by panel, so I'm beginning to think of my next steps with the carpet and insulation. I only have fragments of my build sheet, so I'm not sure of where to find my color code, but believe that all the Riviera convertibles used the same red/maroon color carpeting.

Can someone tell me the correct color code for it?

Any recommendations for a carpet vendor?

Also, the jute backing on both my '83's is burned in places. I am considering using a sound/heat insulating product like Dynamat. Any opinions on these aftermarket products?

Guest wildcat465

There are a couple of vendors online. Request samples that look good on the webpage before ordering. Get samples from many vendors. Do not forget to get extra material for the door panels, seat bottoms, etc.

I ordered a carpet thinking that since it had my interior code, oops, too dark. do the CYA first on your job. Make sure you get the thickest carpet they have, the standard carpets do not as thick a nap as your Riv originally did.

Good luck.

When I owned my 85 Riv I ordered carpet from Automotive Interiors - interior kits, carpet kits, seat covers and was pleased with the carpet quality and fit. I requested and they provided samples of a couple of different shades of the blue that I was interested in before I made my purchase. The shade I chose matched up to the original perfectly.

I also purchased headliner material for my 92 Riv through them and the quality/color was excellent. At some point I plan to replace the carpet in my 92 and will use this company again.

I have no connection/affiliation with the above mentioned company....just offering my personal experience with their products.