1960 LeSabre - Manual Transmission

Guest DinoBob

Guest DinoBob

That is absolutely great. Thanks for that!

I have taken a good few baby steps with the old gal. The dash lights are all working (the dash was completely dark when she arrived) and the dome light now works with a turn of the knob, thanks to a new headlight switch. The chrome looks great, including the headlight rings, door handles, and all of the other brightwork. The radio's playingl great, the clock keeps nice time, and the door panels are looking quite a bit better. The wind wing gears were removed and repaired, and greased. I vacuumed about 5 pounds of undercoating from inside each door, repaired a window stop and track adjuster, replaced the glass for the rear view mirror, and removed and polished every interior molding, along with every single screw.

There's much more that I did, but this is a good example of the work I am doing right now while my bank account is convalescing. Not only that, but when it comes to a car of this nature, I am a firm believer in the details. I clean everything, broken or not. I try to make sure that every single thing works, up to and including the clock and lighter. I simply do the best I can to make each part look and operate its best, without exception.

Guest DinoBob

Make him an offer. You never know- I got Sandy (my '60 LeSabre's new name) for far less than the asking price. He rolled over so easy that I later felt I should have offered even less. People are just not buying right now.

Now that is one COOL 60! Factory 3 on the tree! I love my 225 but I think I would sacrifice the auto to shift my own gears anyday of the week.

I saw your "guest" in the pictures and it made me smile thinking about our little girl and our sons in "Josephine" back several years ago.

Hope it is okay to add them to your thread.

Can't wait to see and read the progress on Sandy. Josephine has been sitting for going on 2 years and just breaks my heart (pretty rare in her own right) but I will enjoy your accomplishments until conditons allow it to happen on ours:)

post-66358-14313832526_thumb.jpg

post-66358-143138325263_thumb.jpg

Guest DinoBob

Those are great pictures. I remember when my bigger ones were like your boys.

I hope Josephine returns to the road very soon. Let's see morke pics of kids and Buicks!

• 11 months later...

Been quite a while since I updated this thread.

As it turned out, the car needed much more work than I was willing to admit to myself when I bought it last year. Since then, I have replaced the entire torque ball setup, tires, complete brake system, shocks, water pump, exhaust, rebuilt the carb and generator, fixed the leaky steering box, and a million other little things. I am about to get her running again and install a set of NORS aftermarket seat covers made in '60. New package tray all set to go in as well.

Here's what I have been doing recently.

post-62548-143138666347_thumb.jpg

post-62548-143138666377_thumb.jpg

post-62548-143138666385_thumb.jpg

post-62548-143138666391_thumb.jpg