Remensperger Bros Buick Dealer in San Fran

Fr. Buick

I am enjoying a largely original '54 Super Riviera that I brought home last year from Texas - the odomoter just passed 66,666 miles today. The car has an applique sticker on the dash, just above the radio, advertising what I assume was the dealership where the car was bought brand new.

The sticker reads "Remensperger Bros, 2145 Market Street, San Francisco" in a very cool 50's style of logo

From what I can find, Market Street was the place for many car dealerships for a very long time in SF. A Google Map search shows a building on the site, but aside from a car ramp going underground, I see no remnants of a dealership.

Anybody have any history? Finding a license frame or any memorabilia would be very exciting.

Grateful for any help,

Doug Cook

Orange, CA

No exorcism, thank you. Those scare me... But the fuel pump failed just the day before, so that had to get "driven out" with some effort and prayer.

Fortunately, just a few months ago I rebuilt an NOS pump I had on hand, so it was ready to go when I needed it.

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Doug:

My Google search turned up a reference to this dealer in a Hyvis oil ad in Life magazine dated July 26, 1937 on page 63. They're listed as being in San Francisco. This would confirm your lube sticker as being real. However, they might not have been a Buick dealer.

Regards, Dave Corbin

• 1 year later...