Steel Building

One thing you may want to consider is your neighborhood and what part of the country you are in. If you live in the Midwest and have a large lot then a larger metal building will be fine. If you live in the northeast in smaller lot neighborhood what you save on the metal building will actually detract from your resale value later on. I've seen some that look good but most have an industrial feel to them. Granted they are much cheaper then stick built.

Pretty good advice from alsancle.

Here in the midwest the metal building is a way to get more space for your money in a rural or semi-rural area. So a question would be how big is your space? If you have room for a 3-4 car garage I would probably go with conventional construction for the reasons he states.

When I was in town I had a 24x36 garage that I liked because it could be heated and air conditioned and had no support posts in the center. Now in the country I have a 45x70 metal building with full concrete floor. It is nice to have the space, but the building is too large to heat or air condition, the high roof made it hard to effectively illuminate, and the metal construction makes it very damp in the spring and fall. I also have to deal with mice more. Good luck with yours, Todd