2012 Annual Grand National

Guest LPugh

I checked on the Main Home Page of the AACA and then went to the calendar and they don't list meets past 2011. But at the bottom is a list of meets/tours that are available to be done for 2012 and the AGN is not on the list, so hopefully someone does have it written somewhere and can help you. I tried. :o

Guest Corvette Bill

I belive I seen a while back that Moline IL. not sure on spelling was 2012 Grand National location.

Bill

Hi- The 2012 Grand National meet is in Shelbyville Tn. (this will be a dual meet)Rember this is not cut in stone subject to change. Shelbyville is south of Nashville Tn. about 30-35 miles. hope this info helps

Al Storrs

Al,

According to this post by Wayne from Hulon on June 8th, 2009 Shelbyville meets will be in 2013, unless that has changed since then. I found this on the link that Corvette Bill posted above your post.

"..from Hulon McCraw, Vice President of Activities!

Upcoming Grand National Meets;

2011 AGNM is in Santa Rosa, CA

2012 AGNM is in Moline , IL

2013 AGNM Dual is in Shelbyville, TN

As I mentioned earlier, all schedules are subject to change, so monitor the AACA Magazine or this web site.

Thanks,

Wayne"<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

(Name corrected to Susan :D) - According to my list Moline is 2013 Shelbyville Tn. is 2012. as I got my list from headquarters in March of 2010 or there abouts.

Al Storrs

That might be the case that the two flip-flopped on the list between when Wayne posted that response from Hulon and the list you have. But it was what had been posted at that time.

Guest LPugh

Thanks for the replies. I received my Senior Grand National at New Bern. If the 2012 Grand National is anywhere close to North Carolina, I want to attempt a repeat Grand National. If not, I'm going to get my Mustang out of the garage and drive it and no longer worry about every nick and scratch.

Larry

Thanks for the replies. I received my Senior Grand National at New Bern. If the 2012 Grand National is anywhere close to North Carolina, I want to attempt a repeat Grand National. If not, I'm going to get my Mustang out of the garage and drive it and no longer worry about every nick and scratch.

Larry

I competed with two Mets from 1997 until 2007 finally getting my Grand National Senior on both. During that time I drove both cars very little and did not put the new top on the convertible down for at least three nice summers. After they both got their Senior tabs in 2006 and 2007, I started driving them. This last weekend I drove the rag top to the Norwich show 50 miles away, I've driven both in gas mileage economy runs and Saturday I hope to drive the hardtop 100 miles to show it at Canandaigua. I don't worry about every nick and scratch, but I do my best to keep them presentable. Its surprising how little work it is if you clean them up after each run. Last weekend at Norwich, another national winner looked at my Met sitting there with the top down and with the Sponge Bob floor mat in it and commented, "I see you got you Grand National Senior. Its also good to see that you are driving it now" All that said, my advice on waiting for at least two years to compete again would be to climb in the Mustang this weekend and drive it.

Bill

Guest windjamer

Bill, what route are you takeing that will save 50 miles? 81 to the t/way and then cut over shows 147 miles. Im going out 17 to Geniva and then 5 and 20. Looks shorter to me.

re: and Saturday I hope to drive the hardtop 100 miles to show it at Canandaigua

Nice try. I'm a bit behind schedule due to a rotted closed clutch slave cylinder hose. The girls are going too, so I'm wimping out and chucking the little wreck in the trailer for the 99.6 mile ride from my house to Canandaigua. It will be a lovely ride up through the lakes.

Bill