Die Cast promotions has cancelled the 1963 Riviera

RivNut

Guest wildcat465

Well, I am sure that there is a color for a 66 GTO they haven't brought out yet. Maybe they can focus on another new Challenger variation.

It sucks trying to collect Buick toys. I sure got a lot of G-body Regals.

Don,

I have four of the "64's. One is the same color combo as my 63 - Blk w/ wht. One is being customized, one is a "Trailer Queen?" and the other is being saved for my grandson.

I was working with Mike Colson at Diecast Promotions on making all the necessary conversions from the '64 to a '63. I had taken a bunch of pictures of my '63 and Dalton Tomlinson's '63 showing differences in engine compartments, consoles, transmissions, hvac controls, tail lights, door panels, hood and trunk emblems, and everything else we could think of that was different.

Attached is a picture of my '64 trailer queen.

Ed

Don,

I bought three cars for $10 each. The packages were damaged in transit and couldn't be resold but the cars themselves weren't damaged in the least. I lowered one - just like the "old skool" guys do by actually cutting the coils, then did some body work on it to remove door handles, moldings, etc. That one is on the back burner right now, but I'll bring get it out again this fall.

The black one with the white interior (like my '63) is in the display case with other 1:18 cars that represent cars I've owned in the past.

I must say, however, that the "trailer queen" was the most fun modeling that I've had in some time. What you don't see is the nailhead w/ 6 dueces powered '48 Ford F1 that pulls the trailer and holds the rest of the parts in the bed. That F1 is also a model of an actual F1 that I had at one time. (Some times people come along with more money than sense and make you a deal you can't refuse. :D)

Ed