Drivers Class Questions

I'm entring a vehicle in the Drivers Class for the first time at Canandaigua. I am also am judging. What is the owner required to do beyond filling out the form and I assume leaving the hood up. Do I or a representative need to be there? I can probably convince the wife to truck sit if neccessary.

On filling out the form the judging book says "same appearance as when the vehicle was manufactured". The truck that I have entered has heavy duty fiberglass front fenders. They look original and even sorta sound right when you rap on them. Do they get marked as "Replaced to Original" or Replaced Not to Original. They have the "same appearance as when the vehicle was manufactured". Just curious, other than the previous owner put raised letter radials on it, the truck looks stock.

I'm entring a vehicle in the Drivers Class for the first time at Canandaigua. I am also am judging. What is the owner required to do beyond filling out the form and I assume leaving the hood up. Do I or a representative need to be there? I can probably convince the wife to truck sit if neccessary.

Jim, just make sure your windows are rolled up and your trunk is open, if you have one. You do not need to be with the car when the judging team comes by.

On filling out the form the judging book says "same appearance as when the vehicle was manufactured". The truck that I have entered has heavy duty fiberglass front fenders. They look original and even sorta sound right when you rap on them. Do they get marked as "Replaced to Original" or Replaced Not to Original. They have the "same appearance as when the vehicle was manufactured". Just curious, other than the previous owner put raised letter radials on it, the truck looks stock.

You would need to mark it as "replaced, but not to original". Those fenders and the white lettered tires should not cause your vehicle to not be certified. It takes some really major problems to not get your award in DPC.

Hope to see you in Canandaigua Jim. We will be driving our silver Olds Regency, also in DPC.;)

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, this is what I will be showing. Debated between Crosley and Ford and since it is only 35 miles for me I decided on the Ford since I can drive that, but that is considered a long trip in a FarmOroad and it has not roof or doors if the weather is marginal so I would have to deal with a trailer.

F1-15-lg.jpg