1940-1941 difference

Guest Orphanauto

Guest Orphanauto

Hey guys, I have a 1940 1804 160 touring sedan I am restoring. It is a 138" wb, The window divider from the driver to back passengers was a accessory for this car. I recently had a chance to buy one that came out of a 41 ( limo ? ). I was wondering the difference on the body. Should the 41 divider work ok for a 40, or are the body's ( inside diameter hieght and width ) quite different? What do you think Wes, and Dave? You can see my car on m web, thanks. oh, by the eay, I did buy the divider and will post pictures of it perhaps today. Although it needs restored I thought the price was fair. thanks..

A limo window is framed different than a formal sedan. I do have a lot formal parts I might be able to provide, Iam missing the glass and lowe rglass frame mount but have the side uprights and other hardware. The side look like 2x4 that have been trim to fit the body with glass grooves on the opposite sides, there is no upper piece on the body, the glass just abutts the headliner.

Is your 41 limo divider wood, if so we might be able to work a trade. by wood damaged, but repairable, the formal use cloth coverings to match the upholstery

Packards42@yahoo.com

Joe

Guest Orphanauto

I do have Jim's book on the 1940 Packards, ( great book ) in which it does show the divider as a accessory for my model/series. I downloaded 7 photos on my web site of the divider I bought. It does have the top wood for the glass to go inside. I have the glass, but it is cracked, still good for a pattern. I would be interested in trading for a 1940 for this 41, if there is a difference, or if my car is suppose to have the glass go to the headliner. Does need alittle wood repair, but over all it is really nice. has a Hydrolic line, and a switch with wires on the top. I can take more photos in anyone would like. I prefer to restore my cars as original as possible. thanks.

Your 1940 divider is very similar to my 1941 divider. The problem I think you may have is that the Limousine divider is actually the back of the chauffeurs' seat, and therefore makes the front seat immovable. I don't think it's very compatible with the setup in a touring sedan.