GROUP PERTRONIX FINAL ORDER INFO!

FINAL TERMS OF IGNITOR DEAL:<P>PRICING: <P>Pricing is based upon the latest information received from Pertronix. Everything is rounded up to the nearest dollar amount (for example, the Ingitor is rounded from the cost of $39.95 to $40.00, the Ignitor LSC from $41.95 to $42, etc.). It just makes it easier on all of us to do it this way. <P>Ignitor 40.00<BR>Ignitor LSC 42.00<BR>Ignitor II 64.00<BR>7mm black wires (Custom Fit) 24.00<BR>8mm black wires (Universal Fit) 28.00<BR>Chrome Coil (oil filled) 19.00<BR>Black Coil (oil filled) 18.00<BR>Black Coil (epoxy) 21.00<BR>Zinc Coil Bracket 3.00<BR>Chrome Coil Bracket 5.00<BR>Ignitor II Coil Chrome (oil filled) 23.00<BR>Ignitor II Coil Black (epoxy) 25.00<BR>Ignitor II Coil Black (oil filled) 21.00<P>SPARK PLUG WIRES<P>The 7.0 and 8.0 mm wires are made the same and differ only in size and the fact that there are no custom sets available for the older, non-HEI equipped Buicks that most of us drive. In other words, the 8mm wires are a universal set that you must cut to length, strip, install the terminals, crimp, and install the boots. I, personally, prefer the 7mm wires so I don’t have to do this, but to each his own. Given what I do with my car, the 8mm wires offer me little or no benefit for the extra money. One more thing, the 7.0 wires are plain. The 8.0 have Pertronix Flame Thrower scripted lettering stamped on them. So, the 7.0 wires will look more stock.<P>IGNITOR II INFO<P>The Ignitor II is a new piece. Pertronix refers to it as an “Ignitor with Brains.” Apparently, the “Brain” is a micro-controller that senses current levels and controls the dwell period to produce the best spark over the whole RPM range. Also, sense improper wiring or ignition key left in “On” position and shuts down system to protect the coil and other components from damage. 30 month guarantee. Like Ignitor, the new one works with stock distributors. The new Ignitor II coils have .6 ohms of resistance as compared to 1.5 for the standard Ignitor coils. Voltage increased from 40,000 to 45,000. <P>SHIPPING:<P>Rather than figure individual shipping, I am asking everyone to include $10 for US Shipping Only. For Canada, add an additional $5. This may seem excessive, but I ship everything UPS with insurance and it always cost me AT LEAST $7 to do so. In fact, with something of this weight (coil and wires are probably a couple pounds), I would bet its more like the $8 and change to $9 and change figure. Trust me, even assuming I make a $1 or $2 on the shipping, its not enough to compensate for the gas and time and effort of packing and shipping all of your orders. <P>PAYMENT:<P>I am requesting payment in the form of a check. I need to collect all the money from everyone before ordering and given location and mail pickup and when you drop the payment to me, I could receive it anywhere from 3 to 10 days later. If I get checks, I will hold them until all those who have confirmed their order by email to me are received. At that point, I will deposit them and place the order with Pertronix. The reason I prefer this is so that I don’t have to “sit” on your money. In other words, I’ve gotten your payment and am just holding it while I wait on all the rest of the money to arrive. By waiting to deposit the checks until all are received, your money stays with you until time to order the merchandise. Plus, if everyone backs out on me, I can just send you back your check RATHER than having to refund your money. <P>IF YOU DON’T CARE about my “holding your money,” I can accept credit card payments via Pay Pal. IF YOU PAY BY CREDIT CARD via Pay Pal, PLEASE add 2.5% to the order amount to cover my Pay Pal charges. It cost me money to take credit cards. I don’t mind doing it, but I don’t want to go in the hole doing it. To pay by credit card, click on the link below. <P>< !-- Begin PayPal Logo --><BR>a> secure!</a><BR>< !-- End PayPal Logo <P>ORDER INFO<P>I need to know the Year and Make and ENGINE in each car you place an order for. If you are like me, you may have a car with a non-original motor. I have a 67 GS 400 with a 70 455 Lesabre Motor in it. PLEASE TELL ME THIS! Its important information. I’d rather have too much information than not enough. <P>CONTACT & PAYMENT ADDRESS INFO:<P>PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL mailto:turbo_al@yahoo.com with <P>(1) Car & Engine Info<BR>(2) Order <BR>(3) SHIPPING ADDRESS. <P>After sending the email, PLEASE send your payments in quickly so that others don’t have to wait. My address and phone number are:<P>Alan Faircloth<BR>3355 George Busbee Pkwy<BR>Apt. 907<BR>Kennesaw, GA 30144<BR>(678) 431-1408<BR>EMAIL: turbo_al@yahoo.com

Thanks again Alan for getting this going!<BR>My order is in and check will also be out in the morning. <P>One question: does the Ignitor II use the magnetic ring or is it a smart lobe sensor?<BR>I am getting it either way, with prices I can find you've saved me over $60 on my total order!! smile.gif" border="0<P>Great Idea!<P>Duane<p>[ 05-30-2001: Message edited by: Nailed1 ]

Nailed1 & Everyone else:<P>Some info on the Ignitor II with a hint of info on the Flamethrower II.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.pertronix.com/newspg5.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.pertronix.com/newspg5.htm</A> <P>Basically is seems like the new one is magnet driven like the original one but with some nifty features. The new coil is a typical update/revision, more power, less resistance.<P>Alan: Thanks for helpin out all your new found friends. Savin everyone a slew of cash which we'll then use for gas. haha My emails on it's way..<P>Thanks & Cheers!<P>-Scott

Hey Fellas,<P>Just thought I'd post some updated & from the source info on the new digs. :-)<P>From Pertronix tech himself:<P>The Ignitor II 'is' a worthwhile upgrade to the Ignitor & LSC units. Features: It's got brains. haha No, really. You can't over-power it via an auto-shutoff feature, it gives upto 2x the voltage as previous version between 3000-5000rpm range, it works better with low resistance coils (Flamethrower II), it's autosensing dwell to peak out performance as well. I know there was something else, but this short-term memory failure stinks. It's installed via the original Magnet method, so you gotta pull the distrib. One final note on it, you 'can NOT' use Solid Core wires.<P>Flamethrower II: No new info other then whats been said, more power, less resistance.<P>Wire Sets: The interal measurements of the 7mm & 8mm wires are identical, it's just the outter jacket thats bigger for all those 'chrome'd out engines'.<P>Odds are the prices won't come down anytime soon, if much at all unless they best themselves again. So I say if you're contemplating upgrading, buy it now with the aid of Alan & Wholesale and install it whenever. But thats my opinion..<P>Onto sending that email...<P>Cheers!<P>-Scott

Hi,<P>I think I'll give this a try on my 70 Caddy since that's the closest to getting on the road. So I'll take the following:<P>Ignitor II <BR>Black Coil (epoxy)<BR>Coil Bracket, Zinc<P>Car : 1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible<BR> 472 cu inch engine<BR> 4 bbl carb (quadrajet, stock)<BR> currently running stock ingnition<BR> automatic transmission<P>I'm actually going to try Split Fire spark plug wires with this - unless somebody might have some insight as to "they don't work worth a darn" - or that there is some biggie on using the spark plug wires called out with the ignitor set ?<P>I hope I'm not too late in getting this order in - I'd like to pay by check if its ok. Thanks for the help with this.<P>Ray <P>FYI on another subject - I have had luck with milage and seat of the pants performance with the combo of the K&N filtercharger and the Tornado (J.C. Whitney) on my 86 Ranger 4x4 2.9 L V-6 .

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Ok, I am fairly certain that I have enough orders. I called Pertronix to place the order and found out that I had to use my company and fill out a credit application (regardless of the fact that I don't want to purchase anything on credit) and distributor request. Should take 3 to 5 days to process. Order will then be placed. PLEASE email or call if you have any concerns or questions. I have not cashed any checks or money orders. Paypal payments are still there too. Phone is 678-4431-1408. Please be patient.....this is going to go down and you will get your units, wires, and coils very soon.<P>Thanks,<P>Alan