Step plate

Guest dbnz

Guest dbnz

There is a DB step plate for sale here in New Zealand. I have seen this before. can anyone help with whether is it factory of a locally made item.

Thanks in advance

post-44765-143138210414_thumb.jpg

That is not a step plate but the valance that goes against the splash apron and then the step plate fits on the running board. Valances seem to be found more on cars in Europe and Australia then the states. That is a nice example and I have never seen one like it before. They were accessories. If it is reasonable I would buy it as it seems to be in good shape except for the plating.

Guest 1930

Cant bid on it anyway unless you know someone over there, closed auction to locals, been trying to get around that every so often for years

I wish we would see things that way. And the other way around as well. We let everybody flood our markets then they dont buy much American made stuff.

And more along our line of thinking, we will sell our old cars and parts out of country.

I dont like that my grand kids will not be able to enjoy some of the old American iron that I enjoy. They think that Hondas are cool. I think that is because that is what is affordable to them today. I would not own a Honda car.

My rant....sorry

Guest 1930

No such thing as a mass produced American car anymore, in my opinion all the vehicles that claim to be American are junk, unreliable and are built to die ( some faster than others, some alot faster than others ) you are right about the reason they like the Hondas, I dont get into any of that but I wouldnt own and expect to drive anything but a Toyota or Honda on a daily yearly year after year after year basis unless of course we start talking about vintage iron.

Cars are assembled here from parts imported from foreign soil because American auto manuf. dont want to pay American workers a fair and decent salary to build the parts.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

As for not lasting. We are going the way that most imports are produced. Planned obsolesence. Our government does not want vehicles to last very long any more.

Didnt they just pay a bunch of people with our tax money to throw away a bunch of good cars?

Guest 1930

Our automakers dont want to build a car that will stand time, that would mean less repair service, less turnaround with new car sales and of course less profit because of the added expense of using better materials. Our goverment and automakers are in each others pockets every step of the way to make sure that whatever outcome is in only ThEIR best interest.

I have worked on new cars in various delaerships for the past 18 years or so and I have seen nothing but quality being sacraficed every year for profit.