MUSEUM RECOMMENDATIONS

DAVE A

Every year for Crosley Nationals, we have a tour of some kind the day before the event opens. It is kind of a pre-event activity. Last year we went to the ACD museum in Auburn (leaving from Wauseon, Ohio), and everyone had a great time. It was so popular, that a number of people want to go back again. I am told there are a number of other museums in the Auburn area that are alos good. I am looking for recommendations on them. That way a group can go to ACD and the rest can go to one of the others and we can still travel together. Thanks for your help.

Dave

The Gilmore Museum in Hickory Corners, MI. just out of Kalamazoo. One of the nicer overall museums we have seen. We are headed there mid May for the opening of the recently completed Franklin Museum. Several different collections all on the same grounds.

Also in Auburn is the antique truck museum. In Dearborn, MI you'll find the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. Allow at least a day each for the Henry Ford and Greenfield Village. You might also pre-reserve a visit to the Ford factory tour.

Rog

Guest 1971 riviera gold

There are six transportation museums in the immediate Auburn, Indiana area.

Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg

NATMUS National Automotive and Truck Museum (owner of Futurliner #10)

Kruse Automotive and Carriage Museum (also television museum)

WWII Victory Museum (150 military vehicles from WWII) Awesome to see

Hoosier Air Museum

Train museum (Garrett, Indiana)

Just down the road a few miles is the James Dean Museum in Fairmount, Indiana.

Great fun to visit that area. I recommend the Auburn Inn - a very nice motel.

Upper Dixie War Museum & Learning Center - Ligonier, Indiana

Mid-America Windmill Museum - Kendaville, Indiana

Most of the group made it to NATMUS same day as ACD and it was nice. We did not get to the Kruse so perhaps that is the ticket. Ken there is no Crosley Museum as such in existance. There is an exhibition of a few things in Seacrest, the Crosley home in Sarasota. I am not sure if there is anything yet in Pinecroft the home in Cincinnati. I am told it is planned for the future but who knows.