1955 Buick - Front Speaker cover question

jonahboo

Howdy

I have (2) seperate "grill covers" for my front speaker

one which came off my Special ans the second i had in a box

now the second is all chrome and has a hole in the center and i would like to know what it is for....any thoughts?

thank you

jesse

The one in front should not have a hole in the center. How large is the hole? It's not a rear speaker grille, is it? I guess I'm replying with a dumb question; the rear speaker grille is flat, while the front one is curved like the bottom of the dashboard.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Jesse, I edited my previous email. You said somethig about imagination and I was being facetious in my reply about it being an early production 55 with the 54 cigar lighter in it. I have however seen a 55 speaker cover on a one owner original 54 Roadmaster and I do have pics of that somewhere and will upload them sometime. Sorry to have misled you. Would still like to see pictures as I think you have everybodies curiosity up now. :)

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about 55's will chime in here. I'm thinking these pieces were chrome/stainless with painted louvered inserts. So perhaps this one was stripped at some time to reveal all the chrome. The whole in the center is still a mystery though. Does it look to be factory cut or a hack job. Doesn't look like the cigar lighter hole. :confused: