Does '54 Service Bulletin Cover some 53 items?

WillBilly53

They start to talk about changes and the '55 stuff half way through the year but as of January 4 1954...the first one (2.358), it only talks about the '54s and up. It does however have the full index for the set of '53 BPSB's but not any real '53 info.

In other words you might get some talk about the '53s from the later in the year '52 BPSB's but you will not get any '53 from a '54 set.

Edited by stealthbob (see edit history)

Thanks Bob. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring this out. I posted about this a few years ago and then life and other things got distracted and now I'm back. My situation is this:

my main car has a good hood and hinges attached, but no springs. My parts car has an unattached "bad hood" with hinges and springs. All I want to do is either install the whole hinge spring assembly from the parts car to the good car or just get the springs onto the hinges of the good car. Does that make since? Which would be the easiest or what would be the best thing to do? Is it even possible to separate the hinges from the hood itself?

P.S the manual says to make the spring removal tool locally. I don't know the first thing about how to do this.

Edited by WillBilly53 (see edit history)

Assuming the 53 springs are similar to 54's. Tools needed - comealong, nails and vicegrips. If the springs from the parts car are loose, hook them onto something SECURELY on one end and hook a comealong SECURELY to the other and stretch them.Then insert nails (flat concrete nails is what I have used) along the spring sufficient enough to keep it expanded to enable you to hook it over the bolts on the hinge and hook on the car.Once it is hooked/attached you can open/close the hood to a point where the spring expands more and you can pull the nails out of the spring. Make sense? I doubt it. If not, give me a call some weekend and I'll bring my comealong and nails over and help. Oh and if you're wondering what the vice grips in the "tools needed" list are for. Answer - To pull the nails out of your forehead if attention wasn't paid to step one.

Kings Mountain, just West of Charlotte, right off 85. That's where I grew up and my parents still live there (my sister lives in Clayton, right outside of Raleigh. I spent 2003 in my hometown and had my buicks stored at my dad's garage while I worked on the main one. I then moved to Nashville to hang out with my brother for a few years trying to work on it on some weekends when I'd visit the folks. I never found an appropriate place to have the car to work on it until I bought this house recently.