6/12 volt battery

Guest Frank Quinn

Guest Frank Quinn

Can anyone help with info on a battery manufacturer that makes a 6 volt charge/12 volt crank battery in a group 24 size battery? I am aware of an outfit called antiqueautobattery.com, in Ohio. Wondering if there are others. Seems to me there used to be someone in PA?, or the NE? Thanks

Never heard of such a thing? What car is it for?

When I had my old Buick, I found that 6 volt batteries from Tractor Supply/Farm and Fleet were considerably cheaper than antiqueautobattery if you're not concerned with the original look.

Guest Frank Quinn

Thanks. I'm working on a 49 Lincoln Cosmopolitan. antiqueautobattery has what is basically two batteries in one. Two 6v batteries with a series-parallel switch that allows 6v charging on both banks, but interconnects in series for 12v cranking. Seems to me there used to be other suppliers that had this setup available.

Guest flaresideone

I redid the entire starting circuit on my 48 F1 Ford PU that is 6 volt, but negative ground, before the rebuid of the starting system it cranked very slow, not it turns twice as fast.

I bought a 6 and 12 volt charger and starter from Sears with 3 year warranty, so far so good it works.