Bouncing Headlights

Guest Justin224

Guest Justin224

For as long as I've owned my 89, the headlight motors have been shot. I have to manually raise them, but that's something I'm going to deal with in the future. My main concern with them now is the fact that they have some flexibility once they are locked up - more specifically, they have room to be lifter higher, but fall back to their locking height. They seem to "bounce" when driving, especially bad around 70mph. Is there something I can do as an easy fix?

See other posts about adjusting the upstops. It is a small plastic piece that the headlight is supposed to come up against and hold in place. Often they are warn, broken or if you're lucky, need adjustment. Mine were that way, and they were bad for other drivers and semi's in particular. For the sake of oncoming traffic you need to get it fixed. Barney has the plastic pieces as I would think any GM dealer could get them

Guest Kingsley

Justin - I also have two models of crank arms for sale. The most popular model, the NEW DESIGN can be see on Ronnie's Journal, www.Reattaowner.com as well as on Ebay. Certainly worth taking a look.

Thanks.

Guest Telco

I just installed a set of Kingsley's arms on a set of Barney's motors, very happy with the purchase. My headlights are as solid as fixed headlights when they are up.

I am in California and cannot access my picture file or I would post a picture of the up-stop....... there is another post that show the up-stop.

You can go to a hardware store or home improvement store and get the plastic nuts in a blister pack..... usually 4-5 nuts for $2.00, buy nuts for a #8 screw.

The easiest way to install and adjust is by removing the painted headlight cover. You can do it without removing the cover but in my opinion there is less flustration.