'16/'17 owners with a tapemeasure

Guest Roger_Roy

Guest Roger_Roy

Guys,

Putting things on an old chassis to see whats what but my bonnet looks to be comming up short , Im thinking maybe the radiator surround I have is not right, whats the distance from the crank (starter dog thing) centre to the top of the shell? the length of the bonnet?

Thanks

Roger

p.s 6 cylinder D45

Edited by Roger_Roy (see edit history)

Guest Roger_Roy
I Have a 1920 k 45 do you think it would be the same measurments? Bill WEB 38

thanks , it depends on if the engine is the same height as a '16 which I dont know :( , if its basically the same engine it could be the same. Any measurements of the radiator will be helpfull just tell me where you measured from and to. Unfortunately Im not a BCA member but I am on the 1915 - 1918 Buick & McLaughlin Owners Group Newsletter...

thanks all.

Roger

Guest WEB 38

Roger My rad. shell is 26.5 from center of crank hole to top of shell, 28.25 from bottom to top,and 26.5 across middle of shell, length of bonnet or hood is 37 1/8 Hope this helps. BILL WEB 38

Guest Roger_Roy
Roger My rad. shell is 26.5 from center of crank hole to top of shell, 28.25 from bottom to top,and 26.5 across middle of shell, length of bonnet or hood is 37 1/8 Hope this helps. BILL WEB 38

Bill,

thanks, Bonnet/hood is same legth, could you tell me the width of the louvered lower panel? Rad shell as thought is too tall :( . if anyone has a '16/17 and can confirm the height that would be appreciated.

thanks

Roger