1965 GS for Sale

JZRIV

Look closely. LOTS of work needed: Upholstery, Carpets are faded, wood missing from the console, stained wood on door panels. How come the left rear interior panel doesn't line up with the door? What kind of wheels are those? Where's the brake pedal pad. Little things like this make me think the car hasn't received very good care/maintenance. Are the Gran Sport emblems in the correct place on the fender? (Not according the the "How to ID a Gran Sport article on the ROA website.) It may be an LX engine but do the VIN numbers match? Console light lens(es) missing. No pictures of the trunk or from underneath. It's got a hoopty radio in it and hoopty wheels; has it been driven like the add ons would make you think it has?

In my humble opinion, this car is going to require many, many man hours and ????? $$$$ to get it really right.

Ed

Guest Lowrider70

Yes, for sure... its easy for the experienced eye to pick out these things. And it could be all these little things that make a big difference. Plus, photos don't always show the true car, as you normally find a whole load of other 'minor' faults with the car when you go to view it. Maybe things like, faded carpets, missing wood panels and consol lights wouldn't bother some people who don't mind having a little bit of work to do. But of course, the vital thing is that you'd want to make sure the car is straight, solid and operating like it should... and there really is no substitute for inspecting a car in the 'real' metal.

Ned,

You're absolutely right. This is probably a really good car for someone who's had experience with the 1st generation Rivieras and especially the '65 Gran Sport option. I think what I was trying to convey is that for that person who is looking for somewhat of a TLC project, this could be a good one, BUT for what you're getting, I don't think it's anywhere close to the asking price; especially, as you said, pictures don't tell the entire story.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Guest Buick Bonery

No pictures of the trunk. The moulding on the rear windshield is buckled, which makes me wonder what is underneath. Actually, the whole vinyl roof, which, although it is a rare thing in a 65, is even more reason to be concerned.