65 Wildcat Interior for 46467

I have the color and trim book that has decent pictures that I could scan if that would help. I also have a Deluxe convert if you have other questions.

Thanks for the reply. I have a 46467 convertible and a 46437 coupe.The convertible interior is gone except for the <BR>door panels. These look different from the coupe door panels. The dealer brochure is not detailed enough to tell what its supposed to look like, so yeah, scan if you can! Are coupe and conv supposed to be different, and did the deluxe come with bench only? two tone? What color is your interior? Mine is supposed to be red.<BR>Thanks, Ted Nagel

Having grown up in the back seat of a '65 Wildcat Deluxe (6437), I can tell you that the interior of the Deluxe convertible is indeed different than that of the hardtop. The door panels are more akin to those of a standard series Wildcat (6237), but have the paddle type door handles and armrests of the Wildcat Custom (6637). The seat stiching also differs from that of the Deluxe, without the seam running from the front of the seat to the top of the seat back that bisects the pleated sections of the seat cushion. This is a little hard to explain without photos.<P>By the way, there was a bucket seat option for the Wildcat Deluxe. I have seen photographs of a car that was equipped in this manner (a 6437), but have never actually seen a car with this interior. The '65 Color & Trim book does illustrate that unusual option.

Ted, by the way, have you checked out that 4 speed 65 Wildcat conv. that C.A.R.S. in N.J. has for sale. They say it needs resto, but is complete. Sounds interesting. Matt<BR>

kelly464: If you can, scan some pictures of the deluxe convertible interior seats. Thanks, Ted<BR>Centurion: The deluxe coupe seats have the two tone vinyl, dark surrounding lighter seat inserts. From what you describe, I should see a seam through the center of the seating/light color area? Really need pix.

Ted, the Deluxe convertible interior does not have the seam through the center of the light-colored seating area; the Deluxe interior closed cars do have this seam. It always struck me as very strange that the convertibles had a different interior from that of the closed cars.<P>The Wildcat Deluxe interiors were also used in the LeSabre Custom cars in 1965.<P>I would like to send you some interior scans, but recently sold my '65 Color and Trim book.