My 1939 Buick For Sale

Dynaflash8

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to the AACA forum from Germany.

I found the ad at Hemmings last week because we were on vacation in Florida. After we visited Bob O'Hara's shop in Frostproof a friend of mine and I fell in love with the Buick and decided to give it a new home in Germany.

We're owning Corvettes (my '58 and my friends '67 and '70) but are interested in old cars in general.

This car will not be found that often in Germany (if in Europe). Therefore I'm looking for information about technical things as well as for historival facts in this forum. Maybe we can get additional information from the previous owner. Unfortunately we had not the chance to get in contact with you because we left Florida last Saturday.

Greets from icy cold Germany

Uli

Edited by Vette58 (see edit history)

Guest cardinal905

Glad to have you aboard, I almost bought that 39---just too far from St. Louis. Of course, Germany is farther I think. Good luck, Earl is a standup guy and will give you accurate info on the car.

Cardinal905, what should I do, change my nick to Nationals407 or something? :) Obviously you are a St. Louis Cardinals fan. I did receive a message from the buyer today through this website. I had no idea who purchased the car. Hope you're enjoying your "barn find" Cardinal905. I'm getting to the age now that I think my collection will remain static for another 8-9 years if my health holds out. After that, we'll see what happens then.

Guest cardinal905

Just be careful if you know what I mean ! Yes, I think I need to remain static for a while---just bought a 50 sedan, that's 2 that are not home yet. The 44x28 addition is in progress so it wont be long.