Title Conversion

sctc

Anyone got any knowledge on getting a non-repairable Title converted to a recovery Title especially in South Carolina, I don't want to Part this 89 TC out that I bought, Car runs great but was vandalised and then Totaled by Insurance Company, all windows busted out including Hard Top otherwise not too bad.

Guest My TC Toy

It would seem to me that the first step would be to talk to someone in the DMV. I would assume thay would advise you further.

Good luck.

Bob

Guest d_voitel

I can't speak for North Carolina, but in MArylabd the process is pretty straight forward. I found my TC in a salvage yard. When Ipurchased the car, the yard provided a salvage title. I then took the car to the DMV for a title inspection by the State Police. When they certified the car wasn't stolen, I then took the car through the state mechanical inspection. With the salvage title, Police certification and state mechanical inspection in hand, I went back to the DMV and had a title and tags with no further problems. Each state has their own quirks, but a call or trip to the DMV should provide what is needed to get a title. The information might be on the state DMV web site as well. Good luck!

Duane