Fuel line giving me trouble - can you help?

our51super

Hello again,<P>I have a question regarding a fuel line on my straight eight. It runs from the fuel pump along the engine where the oil pan meets the block. It then switches from metal to rubber and crosses over to the frame where it ties into the line coming from the tank. My problem is that the rubber part of the line is pretty well worn and although usable I rather replace it and have piece of mind that it won't rupture and spill gas everywhere. I can't seem to find this part-metal part-rubber fuel line. Classic tubes can make me one if I'm willing to lay the car up for about 5 weeks (I rather not if I can avoid it). I guess I could cut the line from the tank as well as the line from the pump and just clamp on a piece of rubber fuel line but that won't be original and I have a little trouble with that. Any ideas ?<P>Thank you,<P>------------------<BR>Crin & Teresa Dima<BR>BCA # 37114

Make the cheesy fix and keep the car on the road, while sending the original part off to Classic Tube for them to make a replacement.<BR>Might I also suggest that it might be a good opportunity to replace all of your fuel lines if you haven't already? Classic Tube is good, and Inline tube will probably have them in Stainless. Now THAT'S piece of mind...<BR>Good luck,<BR>-Brad