The Lucky Ghoul ('51 Roadmaster)

Guest BrittanyGhoul

Guest BrittanyGhoul

This is my baby, 1951 Buick Roadmaster. Found by my boyfriend in the back of a junkyard he used to work in with a Honda sitting on top of it and just about ready to be sent to the crusher. He dragged it home, got it running, drove it as it was, then sold it to me on my birthday this last year and I've been makin' it prettier since. :)

l_f8274403c6d51e0a455d12e3bef04300.jpg

second.jpg

l_19bba585dc4e499db7dea6131116993b.jpg

DSCF4494.jpg

l_19bba585dc4e499db7dea6131116993b.jpg

l_cad53eb2a5254c8687b38ec0f25e9384.jpg

DSCF0012-2.jpg

DSCF0010-2.jpg

DSCF0006-4.jpg

Neat car. Do you know any of its history from before the wrecking yard? The info on the hood about the engine makes me wonder if it was used for advertising or something. The red in the mustache bar really sets off the Buick Eight script.

A lot more progress has been made on that car than I've made on my similar '52 Roadmaster.

Guest BrittanyGhoul
Neat car. Do you know any of its history from before the wrecking yard? The info on the hood about the engine makes me wonder if it was used for advertising or something. The red in the mustache bar really sets off the Buick Eight script.

A lot more progress has been made on that car than I've made on my similar '52 Roadmaster.

All I know is it was in the wrecking yard for about 25-30 years. And my boyfriend painted that on the hood then scratched it up so it would look like it was always there cause he wanted it to look like a racing car.