Help ID GM parts please

Jim Rohn

As always, thanks in advance:

dialicon.jpg

GM part number 3904750 dial

hsgicona.jpg

GM part number 3959360 housing

they appear to be related, the one housing is for the steering column collar and the indicator is for a vehicle with the 3speed automatic, but I have no idea of WHAT years and what vehicles they are for, thanks!

Edited by Jim Rohn (see edit history)

Probably fits quite a few. See if the lens slides into the black housing. The black housing sure looks like the ones in 70-72 chev pickups with the optional TH 350 or TH400 trans.

I was told that a bunch of chevy vans, like early 70s and newer used those as well.

69 and older uses a chrome diecast housing as well as a smaller indicator. and a slightly different shape on the clear lens.

These were all illuminated by fiber optic cable...

#3959360 is listed as a "housing, control indicator (saddle) that applies to '67 thru '69 Series 10 thru 30 Chevy trucks with Turbo-Hydramatic, and '67 to '70 Series 10 thru 30 Chevy trucks with Powerglide. There is a fibre optic conductor that inserts into that housing and feeds down through the steering column to a socket somethere. This illuminates the pointer, which is part of the conductor assembly, which lights up behind the dial.

I am assuming the saddle housing was replaced by black, which needs to be painted to match.

#3904750 is listed as a "dial, indicator (top edge beveled) that applies to '67 thru '70 Series 10 thru 30 Chevy trucks with Turbo-Hydramatic and '71 G-10 thru G-30 (1st design). The 2nd design was bottom edge beveled.

So they do sort of go together.

Paul

Edited by Oldsfan
added 2nd part (see edit history)