Wanted 1966 Oldsmobile parts

Guest Tom McKenna

Guest Tom McKenna

Im looking for all 1966 Oldsmobile parts and links to parts like catalogs HELP new 1966 owner. I have a 1955 chevy time to do a olds

Big car or Cutlass?

Fusick is an excellent place to start Oldsmobile|Cutlass|442|Hurst|Toronado|Parts -Fusick Automotive Products, Inc . They do all Oldsmobiles 1935-70s. If you have a Cutlass/F85/442, there's even more vendor choices for repro and NOS parts.

Reproduction parts won't be as easy to find as for your Chevy, but they're out there.

Tell us what you're looking for. Starfires have a lot of unique trim and about all of it that's reproduced are scripts. Other than the Starfire engine they are essentially an 88 mechanically and share a lot with other 65-70 full-size Olds.

Starfire shares some things like package trays and weatherstripping with Pontiac Grand Prix, and if the Olds vendors don't have it, the Pontiac vendors do.

Guest Tom McKenna

I need a drivers side rear floor pan for sure rest of body that is visible before I take apart to paint everything looks ok accept mb front inner fender wells not sure yet though. Thanks for all the help all the chrome is like perfect accept the tail light chrome and piece in between the tail lights across back has some pitting also will need some stuff for intereior im replacing carpet for sure and mb door panels

The taillight bezels and rear end finish panel are Starfire-specific and will probably be hard to find. Same with the grille, diecast side trim and wheel arch mouldings. Keep an eye out for nice western used pieces, and be aware the top of the "star" trunk lock cover is prone to breaking off. Taillight lenses are common to all 1966 88-based Oldsmobiles and front inner fenders can come from any full-size 1966 Olds.

You may have to fabricate your floorpan. Not aware of any reproductions unless they've started making them for big Pontiacs. 65-70 big Chevrolet is different enough to cause fitment headaches from what I'm told.

Let me guess- the silver Mylar on the door panels is wrinkled up. Every year except 62 and 66 used brushed aluminum door trim, and those years used Mylar. 62's is textured and doesn't look as bad as 66 when it gets worn and shabby.

Is this one a buckets/console car or a Strato-Bench seat with column shift?

Starfires are unique cars and can be a challenge to restore with all their specific trim pieces, but they are really nice cars. Modern enough to drive anywhere and comfortable and fun to drive like all 60s GM big cars.

Guest Tom McKenna

the bezels aren't to bad mb save them our have buddy redo them he has a rechroming shop all the other chrome is complete and in near perfect shape. Might need rear bumper was looking thin in on spot will know more tomorrow. and yes the silver mylar is crap the rest of panel pretty good. It is a Strato-Bench with column shift. fine for my family but would have been nice to had console. Any help with info on car and parts and even just good reads hook me up. Thanks for all help already

The Strato-Bench is actually rarer than buckets in 66, and 66 is the only year Starfire that could have it. It was new that year and GM installed it only in their higher-line cars- Caprice, Starfire, Toronado/Riviera, Bonneville Brougham/GP and Wildcat. Olds offered it in three colors- parchment white, black and bronze (reddish orange) vinyl.

Bumper can come from Starfire or 88.

Guest Tom McKenna

Thanks for all the info this is my first Oldsmobile to redo that is old i like the body still and rareity of it. I had new 442 once. Always had Chevys or Pontiacs.

Edited by Tom McKenna (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I can help you out on parts for your StarFire. I was a very heavy buyer of dealership obsolete inventory for decades. If you want you can send parts querys to Mike. mail to: parts@oldsobsolete.com and if he can help he will post some pictures on the website at: http://oldsobsolete.com/ where he adds around 30 new part numbers daily in the hope of someday having all 500,000 pieces of NOS that we have listed.

Regards Oldsobsolete

Edited by oldsobsolete
broken link fixed (see edit history)