1953 Skylark Needs Restoration

Ovalrace25

I have one-- Yes, really! I needs TOTAL RESTORATION.. It is partially apart. Has MANY replacement body panels gathered up and a coupe parts car to go along with it. Not running, but will roll and steer just fine.<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

In the next few weeks, I will be bolting it back together just to get a better idea how and what to tell you I think it will take to restore the car.

<O:p</O:pIt was a project that was started and the owner was a little overwhelmed when he realized he was not up to doing it the right way. One of my customers bought the project but then found a Cadillac Eldorado he wanted even more than the Skylark. So back on the for sale block it goes.

<O:p</O:p

Price, I think we can get him to agree on somewhere around 40,000

• 2 weeks later...

A late friend of mine in Northern Virginia sold a rough $40 1953 Buick Skylark to a man in Northern California. It went out there with a new windshield, no side trim (which had been removed on purpose by somebody, but I think he found side trim at Hershey and it went with the car) and a lot of NOS chrome that I sold him back in the 1970's. The car came out of Baltimore. I have to wonder if this is the same car that was never restored.