1966 Buick Wildcat Convertible

Guest mocrew

There are two 1966 Buick Wildcats I have for sale.

One is restorable with an engine and transmission which was rebuilt around 1996. Asking price is $500. Photos of this are the first four images.

The other is restored with a working engine, however it needs some carburetor work. The asking price for this one is $14,000. Photos of this are the last three images.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

post-64914-143138134256_thumb.jpg

post-64914-143138134259_thumb.jpg

post-64914-143138134262_thumb.jpg

post-64914-143138134266_thumb.jpg

post-64914-14313813427_thumb.jpg

post-64914-143138134273_thumb.jpg

post-64914-143138134276_thumb.jpg

Edited by mocrew
Wanted to change information (see edit history)

Very nice mocrew however, this reinforces Roberta's car's rarity as both of your Cats are bench seat cars. Your restored car is very nice and a relative bargain to get a full size 60's convertible.

60's convertibles continue to be a huge bargain. Consider the typical 50's convertibles - $40,000 to $75,000. I agree they are period cool but they offer no greater open-air experience then the convertibles from 1962 to 1975.

Mitch,

Both of his Wildcats are white and one is restored. The $500 Wildcat is the unrestored one. I suspect he included the incorrect description to the car/price. What you see on this page is accurate.

where are cars located?

mocrew is MIA, a typical newbie that I suspect Googled 1966 Buick Wildcat Convertible, spotted Roberta's original post and added onto that post. As moderator, Roberta adjusted his post as a new one and he has not been on since November 17.

Buy Roberta's car, you'll be much happier, and she's in Flint , Michigan

• 2 weeks later...

Mitch,

Money sort of for me. I have $1100 seed money and a convertible is the only thing missing from my small collection. I had planned to buy a convertible later on.

What sells me on Robertas car is the full length console. I could not own a bench seat Wildcat convertible like this fellow has for sale.

But it sounds like Roberta wants her car gone sooner rather then later. All of my purchases are local. Michigan is too far for me to go, shipping would add $600 probably to the cost and take me 2-3 months to save. (I pull a certain amount out each month for this insane hobby)

Happily, I am out of space. The project car is neat to me primarily because it has the Custom door panel trim and the same seat as Ellie. It is another of those side by side things that would be nice to have like that Special or Skylark would have been a complement to Vicky.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really sorry that I've haven't replied in quite a while. Mitch, I thought I sent you an e-mail with all of the information and haven't received any notifications in my e-mail concerning the forum. The vehicles are located in central western Ohio.

Mitch, there are two different cars, the shabbier one is $500. The one that has been properly stored is the more expensive one. My e-mail is mocrew@gmail.com should I fail to reply to any of these in a timely manner again.

Also, there was no googling or latching on to anyone elses post. I have three Wildcats that I need to be rid of. This forum is where I decided to start the selling.

I'm not sure of the originality, my father in law purchased them and has since passed, I'm in the process of locating the paperwork on it. I am assuming it is from a northern area as it has two batteries.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Motomark

I just saw your wildcats. As a former owner of a gold 65 wildcat drop top I regret ever getting rid of it. I am in wisconsin what city is the car in? does the restored car have factory air? Is it the original motor?

The car is in Kenton, Ohio. I do not think there is air, but I am basing that on the pictures. As far as we know it is the original motor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...