carburetor question??

Guest als 66

I have a 310 wildcat (300CI) engine in my 66 skylark. It has the stock Rochester 2b carb on it. There's some hesitation when I accelerate. I purchased a "rebuilt" one on Ebay over the winter but it ran like crap even after adjustments by a mechanic. I put the old one back on. My question is that should I rebuilt the original or are there higher performance 2b carbs out there that would make the engine run even better. If so, can anyone point me in the right direction and give me some advice as to make, model, etc...?? AL

I agree with Ted and Larry. This is a simple carb. to rebuild and check out for somebody that's not used to the new fuel injection stuff. Try to find a guy that worked on carbs 20- 30 years ago.

kaycee

Guest Bob Call

The Carburator Shop in Missouri. Jon the Carb King, he posts on this site. Nothing wrong with the 2GC carb, its the person that doesn't know how to properly rebuild it. Try Jon.

Thanks for all your advice. Rebuilding an original for $150.00 is better on my wallet too. I did find a shop not too far from me thanks to the internet who has been in business for 35 years and specializes in rebuilding carbs. He is also going to adjust it while on the car which is great. Once again, thanks everyone for all your help. Have a great turkey day!!

Al