Eleventh Hour

Thriller

poppy_MED_40_ex5.jpg

I know some of the moderators don't like some of the off topic stuff, but I think something is wrong if this community of forum members can't take a moment to consider the sacrifices made by the armed forces of our nations.

The last couple of days I've been thinking about how Buick changed, particularly for the second world war. We have seen a number of staff cars here. We also have the changes that occurred in the Buick factories, switching from automobile production to the Hellcat tank destroyers and Liberator bomber production. It seems to me I've seen something about it, but I should really try to find out how GM of Canada changed their production - I know they did, but I'm not sure what they manufactured.

Since Buick was making trucks during part of the first world war, it makes me wonder how many made their way over to Europe for transport or ambulances, if any.

Derek, more than appropriate, and considering the day, not off topic at all in my mind. More people need to thank those in all branches of the armed forces that make the sacrifice, so that you and I may do things, like post a thought to a web forum. Without their devotion to this country, we couldn't do this.

To all the men and women of our armed forces...THANK YOU! They may only be two small words, but they mean alot, and come from the heart.