61 buick Skylark question

Guest cowgirld

Guest cowgirld

Hi, we just inherited a 61 Buick Skylark. It is in mint condition, all original. Not a scratch inside or out. Has the original aluminum engine. Where would be the best place to sell this car and what is a reasonable offer.

Thank you for your time,

Donna

If you search online for automotive price guides, sides like nadaguides.com can give you an idea of the value of the car.

Pete is right about places to sell the car, as you are reaching an audience of Buick enthusiasts. That being said, there are sites like eBay and CraigList that offer you another venue. Something that may be less hassle for you would be to find someone in your part of the world who would perhaps sell it on a commission basis (dealer that does some specializing in old cars, for instance) - that depends on what is in your area.

Good luck.

Guest my3buicks

These cars are great in today's market, they are small, easy to drive, good mileage, and not the handful that so many other Buick's tend to be. There is some desire out there for very nice examples, of course color , options and condition are also key. Post pictures so we can give you some idea of value. Ebay really is the place to sell it, you will get the most coverage/bang for your buck. Anyone that is looking for one is going to look there. The key to good success on welling a car on ebay is to have it cleaned up, have GREAT pictures, and a good description.

Guest cowgirld

I have some photos now. I will attach a few.

There is one flaw that we found, a stain on the back window shelf (above the back seat on shelf) Otherwise its perfect, Mint condition inside and out. We are located in Pa. If intersted in buying, please email or call 610-869-5529

post-64792-143138134063_thumb.jpg

post-64792-143138134066_thumb.jpg

post-64792-143138134069_thumb.jpg

post-64792-143138134072_thumb.jpg

post-64792-143138134075_thumb.jpg

post-64792-14313813408_thumb.jpg

post-64792-143138134083_thumb.jpg

post-64792-143138134087_thumb.jpg

post-64792-143138134091_thumb.jpg

post-64792-143138134096_thumb.jpg

Edited by cowgirld (see edit history)

Guest garys64wildcat

Donna

That is a beautiful skylark, I`d love to own it. Not many in that condition left. :cool: It should be a easy sale. Probably ebay with a reserve so you dont get ripped off. What state is this car located? Wait til after Jan-Feb to sell for best price

Gary

That is a remarkably nice, original '61 and it brought back fond memories of my first car, a red '63 Skylark coupe, which I bought from the original owner (a neighbor) after she bought a new '71 Skylark hardtop sedan. Mine had factory AC, Dual Path Turbine Drive, heater, and AM radio, but no power accessories. How is yours equipped? I'll bet a Buick club member will take that off your hands very quickly if your price is reasonable.

Guest Charlie Larkin

What a pretty little car! I wish I had a little more money and something better than on-street parking at the moment. I like the color scheme, too.

I build lots of models, and I hope you don't mind, but I've copied the pictures into my stash of reference photos. What a pretty car!

Charlie Larkin

Now that I look at this thread again (I see an edit in the post with photos, but don't recall the photos before), I'm betting that the paint code colour is N for the lower colour, called Cordovan. I would expect the top should be C for Arctic White (paint code on data plate on firewall NC). Cordovan is a deep, rich metallic brown that grows on you.

My '61 Invicta convertible is the same colour with a tan top. If I could make it happen, this Skylark would be mine just for the ability to someday park the two Cordovan '61s side by side at a show and see how much interest is generated.

Guest cowgirld

Thanks so much for the compliments. It would make my father in law very happy.

If anyone is interested, we are putting the car on Ebay. it would make a nice Christmas present :)