1930 model 47 motor mount question?

Dwight Romberger

Dwight,

The rubber is more a bushing/filler and does not get vulcanised onto the steel bracket which bolts the two halves together.

They come in two halves, top and bottom and are interchangeable ( top/bottom and side to side ).

I'm not aware of anyone who reproduces them.

In many instances it is only the bottom mount/bushing which deteriorates because of the weight of the engine and gearbox.

When I restored my car the top halves where in good condition ( could even read the part number ) so I put them on the bottom and managed to source a couple of other good second hand top halves to complete the set.

Maybe someone here has some reasonable top halves to help you out.

Sorry Dwight, misread your question.

There shouldn't be a front rubber cushioned mount as such. The part that slips over the crank handle area is I think referred to as the engine trunnion bearing and fastens the front of the motor to the front crossmember. This does have a engine trunnion bearing lining but this I believe is made of material similar to old type woven brake lining.

The rear mounts are called engine arm blocks ( upper and lower ) and they are fitted with rubber engine arm block lining.

Hope I haven't confused you!!!

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)

Bobs sells the brake lining as well, so obviously you have to look at "brakes" chapter. I have also seen some on e-bay recently. The lining is sold in long stripes per foot (not rings), different thicknesses and widths. I would agree with 50jetback that the material is close enough but do your own judgement.